33万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 02:50:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第一卷(选择题 共115分)
  第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)
  第一节(共5小题,每小题1。5分,满分7.5分)

听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
  1. What is the woman doing ?
  A. Bothering her brother.    B. Smiling.    C. Crying.
  2. How much did each dinner cost on the average?
  A. 40.        B. 20.         C. 10.
  3. What does the woman mean?
  A. Bob is on his way home.
  B. Bob isn't hungry.
  C. Bob will have dinner at a restaurant.
  4. What does the woman suggest the man do?
  A. Go on a diet.      B. Don't lose weight.      C. Talk to her sister.
  5. Who is the secretary now?
  A. Linda.    B. Betty.    C. Susan.
  第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
  听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
  听第6段材料,回答第6至第7题。
  6. Where did the woman see the accident?
  A. Inside Brown's toyshop.    B. Outside Brown's toyshop.    C. In the Brown street.
  7. What color was the traffic light when the lorry was crossing the Avenue?
  A. Green.    B. Red.    C. Yellow.
  听第7段材料,回答第8至第9题。
  8. Where do you think the conversation takes place?
  A. At a shop       B. At the chemist's.    C. At the clinic
  9. What do you know about the man?
  A. He is a heavy smoker.    B. He is on a diet.  C. He takes exercise every day.
  听第8段材料,回答第10至第12题。
  10. Which schools take high fees from students?
  A. State schools.    B. Independent schools   C. Secondary schools.
  11. How much does the government spend on the education of the young?
  A. A million pounds.    B. Millions of pounds.   C. Ten million pounds
  12. To what kind of school do most parents send their children?
  A. Private schools   B. State schools   C. Independent schools
  听第9段材料,回答第13至第16题。
  13. Why does the man go to see the woman?
  A. Because he will go back to England.
  B. Because his son will go back to England.
  C. Because he is concerned about his son's studies.
  14. How long will he stay in London for his holiday?
  A. One month.    B. Two months.       C. One year.
  15. What suggestion does the woman give him?
  A. To leave his son in China.
  B. To hire a Chinese teacher.
  C. To take along some homework.
  16. How about the boy's Chinese?
  A. He is a little weak in it.     
  B. He is good at it.
  C. He is not good at it.
  听第10段材料,回答第17至第20题。
  17. What does the Asian Development Bank say about the effect of the spread of SARS?[来源:
  A. It says it expects there will only be a small effect on the economic growth in Asia this year.
  B. It says it expects the effect to be very serious.
  C. It says it expects the effect to be very small.
  18. How much economic growth had bank officials early expected for Asian developing nations?
  A. 5%         B. 5.5%       C.6%
  19. Where did SARS begin and how many people has it killed?
  A. In southern China, 800 people.
  B. In northern China, 810 people.
  C. In southern China, 810 people.
  20. Which kind of business suffered most from SARS?
  A. Medicine    B. Traveling     C.Agriculture.
  第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
  第一节:单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  21.The bird ______ its wings and flew to the south.
  A. beat       B. hit     C. strike     D. struck
  22. Dr. Frank failed many times but he finally          to find a successful way to solve the problem.
  A. broke off        B. broke up        C. broke down        D. broke through
  23. The class is unusual _______ the students are all over fifty and none of them attended the middle school when they were young.
  A. in how      B. in what              C. in which        D. in that
  24. Life is like sport,         I mean it's a hard competitive business.
  A. in which        B. by which        C. for which        D. of which
  25.-I was wondering whether perhaps you could remember the name of the place.
  -I'm afraid that          me for the moment.
  A. reminds        B. puzzles        C. disturbs        D. escapes
  26.-Were the audience allowed to join in the play?
  -Yes, the actors          to satisfy the audience were successful.
  A. who it was the duty        B. of which the duty was
  C. whose duty it was            D. whose was the duty
  27. --Why did he stay at home?
  --It was only _______ it was raining _______ he stayed at home.
  A. since; so     B. because; that   C. for; that     D. as; what
  28. In our childhood, we were often _______ by Grandma to pay attention to our table manners.
  A. demanded    B. allowed   C. reminded       D. hoped
  29.-Is there any particular soup you would like to have?
  -         you select is all right with me.
  A. Whatever    B. Anyone        C. No matter what        D. Whichever
  30.-When can we come to visit you?
  -Anytime you feel like           .
  A. one        B. it            C .so        D. that
  31. I expect you've already done it,          the manager asked you to give him a ring this afternoon.
  A. but        B. and        C. though        D. so
  32.-What happened?
  -As you know, my schoolmates never              their clothes well.
  A. hanging        B. hanged        C. hung            D. hang
  33. With a great weight _______off her mind, she passed all the tests successfully.
  A. taken   B. taking    C. being taken   D. to be taken
  34. We knew we were getting close to the park          we started seeing the tiger right next to the road.
  A. when            B. before        C. while            D. until
  35. Every weekend, Mrs Green asked her daughter to visit the museum in order to ________ her interest in science.
  A. grow      B. build       C. make        D. develop
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 03:32:12 | 显示全部楼层

第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
  阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  One Sunday morning my mother walked into my room. "_ 36  !" she said, proudly holding up a yellow  37  with black and white stripes. "I made it just for you. What do you think?"
  I   38  my tongue. How could I tell Mom it was the most hideous one I had ever seen?
  "It's perfect for   39  ," my mother continued. "I  40  someone had made a dress like this for me."
  41  you can't wear it, I thought. But I knew Mom had spent a lot of time on the dress. Only the world's most   42  daughter would refuse. reluctantly(不情愿的). I put it on.
  All through church I prayed, Lord, let me get out of here __43   anyone seeing me. Especially Dennis Pearce, the boy I had a crush on. He was one of the cutest (bright) guys at Neptune High. Although we were in some of the same classes, Dennis had   44  taken any notice of me.
  At the end of the service I  45   for the door. But I had to wait on the   46  while my parents chatted with their friends. Just a little while longer… Then   47  the corner of my eye I saw the Pearce approaching.    48  I could escape, Dennis was right beside me.
  I started gabbing a mile a minute, hoping if I kept it   49   he wouldn't notice my horrible dress. "I am going to college in September," I said.
  "That's great," Dennis replied. "I got   50  to the police academy."
  "Wow!" I said. Somehow I kept the conversation going. Soon we were walking to the parking lot together. The next thing I knew Dennis had first asked me  51  .
  We courted through college, and eventually got married. Months after our wedding I asked Dennis if he remembered the day   52   he had first asked me out.
  "You bet I do," he said. "You were always 53 in school, almost standoffish (coldhearted). I didn't think you'd be much fun. But you were so animated (lively) when we talked on the church steps, I wanted to get to know you better." Maybe that   55   yellow dress wasn't  55  I would have chosen, but that day it was the perfect dress for me.
  36. A. Strange       B. Surprise        C. Interesting     D. Puzzled
  37. A. dress         B. coat            C. skirt          D. hat
  38. A. beat           B. held           C. bit            D. caught
  39. A. the party      B. church          C. school        D. your birthday
  40. A. hope         B. expected        C. wish          D. wished
  41. A. Too beautiful   B. Too big         C. Too small      D. Too bad
  42. A. ungrateful      B. lovely          C. considerate    D. responsible
  43. A. beyond         B. before          C. until           D. without
  44. A. never         B. sometimes       C. frequently     D. ever
  45. A. made         B. ran             C. escaped        D. walked
  46. A. steps          B. gate            C. door          D. bench
  47. A. within        B. out of          C. beside          D. off
  48. A. Until         B. After           C. Not until       D. Before
  49. A. on           B. back            C. in             D. up
  50. A. agreed       B. accepted        C. permitted       D. allowed
  51. A. my telephone   B. my address      C. out            D. in
  52. A. that           B. which           C. on when       D. \
  53 A. quiet         B. calm            C. silent          D. still
  54. A. blue -white striped                 B. black and white stripes
  C. zebra-striped                    D. dark-white-striped
  55. A. what        B. which         C. that            D. one
  第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
  阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  A
  Sometimes people call each other "scared-cat", but have you ever thought about this expression? When a cat is frightened, its heart starts beating faster, its muscles get tense, and there are changes in the chemicals in its bloodstream. Although the cat doesn't realize this, its body is getting ready for action. If the danger continues, the animal will do one of two things. It will defend itself, or it will run away as fast as it can.
  Something like this also happens to people. When we are excited, angry, scared, or aroused by other emotions, our bodies go through many physical changes. Our hearts beat faster, and our muscles get tense. All of these changes make us more alert and ready to react. We, too, get ready to defend ourselves or run.
  Human beings, however, have a problem that animals never face. If we give way to our feelings and let them take over, we can get into trouble. Have you ever said something in anger-or hit somebody-and regretted it later? Have you ever shouted at a teacher, told somebody you were lonely, or said you were in love, and then wished later you had kept your mouth shut? It isn't always wise to express your feelings freely.
  Does this mean that it's smarter always to hide our feelings? No! If you keep feelings of anger, sadness, and bitterness hidden away or bottled up inside, your body stays tense. Physical illness can develop, and you can feel churned up inside. It can actually be bad for your health. (It isn't good to keep pleasant feelings inside either; all feelings need to be expressed.)
  Feeling that you keep all bottles up inside, don't just go away. It's as if bought some bananas and stuck them in a cupboard. You might not be able to see them, but before long you'd smell them, if you opened the cupboard, chances are you'd see little fruit flies hovering all over them. They'd be rotten.
  You can try to treat emotions as if they were bananas in the cupboard. You can hide them and you can pretend they don't exist, but they'll still be around. And at last you'll have to deal with them, just like those bananas.
  56. What does the word "emotions" in the second paragraph mean?
  A. acts     B. feelings       C. measurements      D. thinking
  57. The best title for this article is __________.
  A. Emotions Affect Our Bodies
  B. What Happens to A Frightened Cat
  C. What Happens to An Excited Person
  D. Feelings That People Have
  58. The author wrote this article in order to __________.
  A. tell us that it isn't good to keep feelings inside
  B. give us some advice on how to express our feelings
  C. compare man with a scared cat and suggest mankind learn from it.
  D. make us know that it isn't always wise to express our feelings freely
  B
  Increasing Noise Annoys
  People want action on noise, a recent public meeting in Brisbane showed. Some want technical improvements such as quieter air conditioners or better sound barriers around major roads. Others want tougher laws to restrict noise from building sites or to require owners to take responsibility for barking dogs. But the highest priority (优先) was a noise complaints system that works.
  Brisbane City Council receives more complaints about noise than all other problems put together. So it conducted survey and found that about half its citizens are upset by noise in one form or another-traffic, mowers, pool pumps, air conditioners or loud parties. This inspired the Council to bring together more than 100 citizens one evening to talk through solutions to the problem.
  The meeting found the present noise complaints system bizarre. Depending on the problem, responsibility for noise can lie with the Council, the Environment Protection Authority, one of three government departments or even the police. So complaints often feel they are getting the run-round. When the people at the meeting were asked to vote for changes, the strongest response was for a 24-hour noise hotline to be the first port of call for all complaints.
  The meeting also favored regulatory measures, such as tougher minimum standards for noise in appliances like air conditioners. This even makes economic sense, as noise is a waste of energy-and money. Other measures the meeting supported were wider buffer zones around noisy activities and controls to keep heavy traffic away from residential areas(居民区).
  59. According to the passage, what do people want most?
  A. Tougher laws.                       B. Technical improvements.
  C. An effective noise complaints system    D. Tougher minimum standards for noise
  60. What does the underlined word bizarre in the second paragraph mean?
  A. reasonable      B. wonderful     C. strange       D. responsible
  61. How many regulatory measures against noise are mentioned in the last paragraph?
  A. 3.             B. 4.            C. 2.           D. 5.
  62. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
  A. Tougher minimum standards for noise in appliances are necessary.
  B. Traffic, mowers, pool pumps, and air conditioners are all the sources of noise.
  C. 90% of the residents are annoyed by noise.
  D. Heavy traffic should be kept away from residential areas according to the meeting.
  63. Brisbane City Council brought together citizens to talk through solutions to the noise problem mainly due to      .
  A. the result of the survey carried out by itself
  B. a noise complaints system that works
  C. people asking for tougher laws on noise
  D. requirements of an effective noise complaints system
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 05:03:12 | 显示全部楼层

C
  Let These Plants Swat the Bugs for You
  Some plants get so hungry they eat flies, spiders, and even small frogs. What's more amazing is that these plants occur naturally (in special environments) in every state. In fact, they're found on every continent except Antarctica.
  You've probably seen a Venus' flytrap. It's often sold in museum gift stores, department stores, and even supermarkets. A small plant, it grows 6 to 8 inches tall in a container. At the end of its stalks(茎)are specially modified leaves that act like traps. Inside each trap is a lining of tiny trigger(触发)hairs. When an insect lands on them, the trap suddenly shut. Over the course of a week or so, the plant feeds on its catch.
  The Venus' flytrap is just one of more than 500 species of meat-eating plants, says Barry Meyers-Rice, the editor of the International Carnivorous Plant Society's Newsletter. Note: Despite any science-fiction stories(科幻小说)you might have read, no meat-eating plant does any danger to humans.
  Dr. Meyers-Rice says a plant is meat-eating, only if it does all four of the following: "attract, kill, digest, and absorb" some form of insects , including flies, butterflies, and moths. Meat-eating plants look and act like other green plants-well, most of the time.
  All green plants make sugar through a process called photosynthesis(光合作用). Plants use the sugar to make food. What makes "meat-eating" plants different is their bug-catching leaves. They need insects for one reason: nitrogen(氮). Nitrogen is a nutrient that they can't obtain any other way. Why?
  Almost all green plants on our planet get nitrogen from the soil. "Meat-eating" plants can't. They live in places where nutrients are hard or almost impossible to get from the soil because of its acidity(酸度). So they've come to rely on getting nitrogen from insects and small animals. In fact, nutrient-rich soil is poisonous to "meat-eating" plants. Never fertilize(施肥)them! But don't worry, either, if they never seem to catch any insects. They can survive, but they'll grow very slowly.
  64. Venus flytrap
  A. is a small plant which grows in a container.
  B. is a kind of plant which gets hungry easily.
  C. can attract, kill, digest and absorb some form of insects.
  D. grows 6-8 inches tall
  65. From the passage, we know      .
  A. "meat-eating" plants are found on every continent.
  B. all green plants get nitrogen from the soil.
  C. bug-catching leaves make "meat-eating" different from other plants.
  D. some "meat-eating" plants in the rainforest do danger to humans.
  66. "Meat-eating" plants grow very slowly,      .
  A. so you'd better fertilize them
  B. probably because the source of nitrogen is cut off.
  C. simply because they can't absorb nitrogen from the soil
  D. and then they will die slowly.
  67. Which of the following is true?
  A. "Meat-eating" plants look and act like other green plants.
  B. No insects, no "meat-eating" plants.
  C. The reason why Venus flytrap needs flies is that it needs to get nutrient from them.
  D. Green plants make sugar at night.
  68. What does the underlined word nutrient in paragraph 5 probably mean?
  A. 化学物    B.营养物    C. 肥料      D. 氮氢化合物
  D
  What's your earliest childhood memory? Can you remember the first time you heard thunder or watched a television program? Adults seldom recall events much earlier than the year or so before entering school, just as children younger than three or four rarely retain any memory of specific, personal experiences.
  A variety of explanations have been proposed by psychologists for this "childhood amnesia"( 记忆缺失,健忘).One argues that the hippocampus, the region of the brain which is responsible for forming memories, does not mature(成熟)until about the age of two. But the most popular theory maintains (主张)that, since adults do not think like children, they cannot access childhood memories. Adults think in words, and their life memories are like stories. But when they search through their mental files for early childhood memories to add to this verbal life story, they don't find any that fit the pattern. It's like trying to find a Chinese word in an English dictionary.
  Now psychologist Annette Simms offers a new explanation for childhood amnesia. She argues that there simply aren't any early childhood memories to recall. According to Dr. Simms, children need to learn to use someone else's spoken description of their personal experiences in order to turn their own short-term, quickly forgotten impressions of these experiences into long-term memories. In other words, children have to talk about their experiences and hear others talk about them - Mother talking about the afternoon spent looking for crabs(蟹) at the beach or Dad asking them about their day at Ocean Park. Without this verbal reinforcement, says Dr. Simms, children cannot form permanent memories of their personal experiences.
  69. According to the passage, it is widely believed that_________.
  A. it is impossible for an adult to recall his(or her) childhood experiences
  B. adults virtually have no access to their childhood memories
  C. adults think in words while children think in images
  D. adults and children have different brain structures
  70. "Trying to find a Chinese word in an English dictionary" is stated in the passage to show that_______.
  A. Chinese and English are totally different languages
  B. it is unlikely to find a Chinese word in an English dictionary
  C. adults and children have different memory patterns
  D. memories are in some way connected with languages
  71. According to Annette Simms,_______________.
  A. verbal reinforcement is necessary for children to have permanent memories
  B. there does not exist such things as childhood memories
  C. children's brains are mature enough to form permanent memories
  D. children are generally inexperienced and unable to remember things they don't understand
  E
  A century ago in the United States, when an individual brought suit against a company, public opinion tended to protect that company. But perhaps this phenomenon was most striking in the case of the railroads. Nearly half of all negligence cases decided through 1896 involved railroads. And the railroads usually won.
  Most of the cases were decided in sate courts, when the railroads had the climate of the times on their sides. Government supported the railroad industry; the progress railroads represented was not to be slowed down by requiring them often to pay damages to those unlucky enough to be hurt working for them.
  Court decisions always went against railroad workers. A Mr. Farwell, an engineer, lost his right hand when a switchman's negligence ran his engine off the track. The court reasoned that since Farwell had taken the job of an engineer voluntarily at good pay, he had accepted the risk. Therefore the accident, though avoidable had the switchmen acted carefully, was a "pure accident". In effect a railroad could never be held responsible for injury to one employee caused by the mistake of another.
  In one case where a Pennsylvania Railroad worker had started a fire at a warehouse and the fire had spread several blocks, causing widespread damage, a jury found the company responsible for all the damage. But the court overturned the jury's decision because it argued that the railroad's negligence was the immediate cause of damage only to the nearest buildings. Beyond them the connection was too remote to consider.
  As the century wore on, public sentiment began to turn against the railroads-against their economic and political power and high fares as well as against their callousness toward individuals.
  72. Which of the following is NOT true in Farwell's case?
  A. Farwell was injured because he negligently ran his engine off the track.
  B. Farwell would not have been injured if the switchman had been more careful.
  C. The court argued that the victim had accepted the risk since he had willingly taken his job.
  D. The court decided that the railroad should not be held responsible.
  73. What must have happened after the fire case was settled in court?
  A. The railroad compensated for the damage to the immediate buildings.
  B. The railroad compensated for all the damage by the fire.
  C. The railroad paid nothing for the damaged building.
  D. The railroad worker paid for the property damage himself.
  74. The following aroused public resentment EXCEPT _____.
  A. political power   B. high fares    C. economic loss   D. indifference
  75. What does the passage mainly discuss?
  A. Railroad oppressing individuals in the US.
  B. History of the US railroads.
  C. Railroad workers' working rights.
  D. Law cases concerning the railroads.
  第二卷(非选择题 共35分)
  第二节:短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行做出判断:如没有错误,在该行右边的横线上画一个"√",如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:
  该行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。
  该行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。
  该行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。
  注意:原行没有错的不要改。
  One day Mrs. Smith went shopping. Since she came back            76.      
  home, she said to her husband, "I saw beautiful dress in             77.      
  a shop this morning. It costs fifty pounds." "Fifty pounds to            78.      
  a cotton dress? That is very much!"  But every evening Mrs.         79.      
  Smith spoke only the dress, and at last, after a week,                 80.      
  her husband said, "Oh, buy the dress!" She was very happy.            81.      
  But the next day evening, when Mr. Smith returned home and         82.      
  asking, "Have you got the dress?", she said, "No." "Why not?"        83.      
  he said. "Well, it is still in the window of the shop in a                 84.      
  week. I think, nobody else want this dress, so I don't                85.      
  want it either!"
  第二节:书面表达(满分25分)
  请根据下列内容为《英语周报》写一篇文章,介绍宝岛台湾。
  中国第一大岛,被誉为中国沿海的一颗明珠,总面积为36188平方公里(含其他一些小岛)。
  气候冬季温暖,夏季炎热,雨量充沛。盛产稻米和蔬菜,素有"水果王国"美称,水果种类繁多,有丰富的水力、森林、渔业资源。
  台湾自古以来就是中国的一部分,近年来,台湾当局想要把台湾从中国分裂出去是错误的,也是绝对不允许的。大陆人民和台湾人民要团结起来,维护祖国的和平和统一。

174552_4bf504d08ed24.jpg

174552_4bf504d08ed24.jpg

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 17:13 , Processed in 0.085490 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.